September 20, 2009

Anniversary

So on wednesday was my 9th year anniversary. Wow can't believe it's been that long. It was september 2000 when I walked down the isle, 100lbs lighter, 9 years younger, kidless and dogless. If I could go back now what would I say to my younger self??? Don't take that job? Don't be friends with that person? Pluck those eyebrows before the wedding pictures?

Dustin and I were young when we meet. It was September on our way to army cadets for the first night of a new year. All young and fancy free. I was 15 and he was 16.

Dustin actually surprised me with a babysitter I didn't have to call and arrange, dinner and a movie. I was alittle shocked when it was the cheap seats, but it was the only one playing the new Star Trek movie. We went to Boston Pizza afterwards. Of course the bomber game was on and they lost again, so the mood of the restuarant wasn't that great.

It's nice to get away sometimes and not have to feed the kids. The movie was good, dinner was good. Next year is 10 years married.... I wonder what he'll do? I have told him its about time I had a family ring since we're not adding any more kids to the family.

1 comment:

  1. Nine years; it doesn't seem that long though does it? To more happy times!

    ReplyDelete