May 10, 2010

Another Hurt Child




Thursday was a busy day. I was caring for my friends two youngest and Nathan had swimming. I thought I would be chasing the kids around the pool but they actually stayed where I asked them too. We get home and I'm like o.k let's eat lunch. I just happened to look at the phone and notice alot of calls. The kids school phoned and Dustin phoned. Those combinations are never good. So I phoned Dustin and he told me Payton fell and split her lip opened but she was fine and not crying. Off to the school we go. Payton was eating lunch already and had a band aid on her lip. Just looking at it you can tell it was still bleeding. So I pulled off the band aid and sure enough you can see it's deep and you can see the layer of fat underneath.

I'm very thankful that the walk-in near the kids school will glue cuts. We only waited 20 minutes or so. Payton was holding her breath and I thought she was going to pass out. She did not like the alcohol cleanse at all, but really who can blame her?? I kept her home friday. She's not suppose to talk, move her lips or get it wet. The glue had to dry and set. Today she thought I was going to keep her home again. She's like mom do we have school today? I don't really feel like going. Yeah o.k. kid it only works the first day after you're hurt lol.

So that was our thursday, now all my kids have had some sort of cut glued or stitched on their face. Faith fell at daycare when she was about 18 months split her chin. Clayton was jumping from dresser to bed and hit the base board heater. Nathan was pushed into the furniture by Clayton and hit the corner of his eyebrow.

Thank god it hasn't been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment