July 11, 2013

Strawberries

I've taken the kids strawberry picking for the last few years.  I've never really done it as a kid.  The house my mom grew up in had strawberries, so *if* we were there at the right time, we got to pick them.  The kids always have fun and of course only pick on the outside of the plants.  So it's up to me to go and clean up their rows.  This year we had two rows.  I'm kind of glad we went when we did; it doesn't seem like they had a very good year this year.  Small patches and not spread out like it normally is.  There were SO many thorns this year, that I actually have a bit of rash on my arm.  We've eaten so many smoothies.  I made popsicles, the kids think it's fantastic to make our own.  Nathan is in the freezer as often as he can asking for one.




This years picture.  They all look so grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment