February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

Let's face it St. Valentine's day is really just for the young and newly in love.  Really if you've been in a committed relationship, you don't really go out and celebrate, especially if you have young kids.  My husband and I went out the Thursday before because we don't want to be bothered with all the hussel and bussel.

He did go out of his way yesterday, to make me feel special.  He made bacon and eggs, bought me some roses and made an awesome supper.  The kids were being kids of course and fighting over everything they could fight over.  So much for being kind to one another.

I think Valentine's day is for people in love.  The kids don't need cards, or presents or chocolate.  They actually had a nice celebration at school.  My school does something really neat.  All the kids make 2 cards during class time.  One card goes to someone in the school, they draw names and one card goes to someone in their class.  This way everyone gets two cards.  I think it's a really neat idea and wish more parents would get it.  They still send a bunch of stuff and cards to hand out to the kids.  While it's a nice gesture, it can make the other kids feel bad for not bringing stuff.  For a few years my kids were asking "Mommy why don't we bring stuff"  The school does ask the parents not to bring extra stuff.

For the past 2 weeks I have been doing Payton's hair in hearts.  It's fun and really only takes a few minutes to do.  I think the longest was 10 minutes and that's because her hair is so fine and thin the braid wasn't staying put.  So it took me a few times to get it just right.

I used a lot of different hair tutorials on youtube.  My favourite one is Cute Girls Hairstyles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2LgZ_4GzSFQS-3a87_Jc6w

Another great one is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG8JH5HlRSKEyNgliXqY-Qg

and this one is in Spanish but they have English subtitles https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYqZHGX8pCmIlSupBiyEXeQ 

And this one is great too.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs6uJVO1UA6GqdWxe7gxQvA

All have great tutorials and super easy to follow.  There are harder ones and easier ones.

Here are the ones I did in Payton's hair this week.




 The hairstyles were fun to do.  Enjoy and Happy St. Valentine's Day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment