April 23, 2012

Kidney Stones

It's been a year!  One year since I suffered from my last kidney stone.  It doesn't feel like it's been that long.  Let me tell you, my kidneys still "speak" to me when I don't drink enough water, or have to pee.  Every day I'm reminded that I had them, every day they are on my mind.

Having kidney stones is one of the worst pain you will ever have in your life.  It's even over childbirth.  I know some of you are going to think I'm crazy, but with labour you get a break in between the pain.  With kidney stones there is no break, there is no lessening of the pain.  It is a constant pain in the back.

The doctor said I'm more then likely to make them again.  With someone who's had multiple ones, your body will make them again.  He said drink lots of water, don't eat spinach, cranberry juice, alot of nuts and berries ie in cereal, dark chocolate or kale.  Some of those things I don't eat at all, some probably more then I should.  It's interested to see what foods effect your body.

Anyways I don't have to go back for 2 more years.  Hopefully I don't make any in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment