July 16, 2012

Zoo

We went to the zoo on saturday with the Manitoba Families of Multiples.  It was one of those come when you can, stay as long as you want kinda things.  So we saw a few people we know, but I was there with the kids by myself.

I must say the Winnipeg Zoo has put alot of work into their displays.  Some still had empty cages.  But they had picture opportunities with different animals.   We saw the tigers, bald eagles and a few other animals at feeding time.  The kids thought it was great.

I remember years ago being pregnant with P & C and going to the zoo.  They had the bird aerial display.  Well they had it again on saturday.  Payton thought it was the greatest thing and keeps talking about it.  One of the birds flew within reaching distance of her.

But boy oh boy was it hot.  There was no relief at all.  No wind, no coolness anywhere.  We managed and I think I got some good pictures.

 Nathan swimming with the dolphins

 butterfly garden

 waiting for lunch, it was so hot in there!

 waiting for the bird show

 Pretty bird


Payton's favorite bird the Falcon

That's it for now... off to enjoy my few days with Dustin till he leaves again.

No comments:

Post a Comment