August 6, 2014

Kildonan Park Pool

I've heard so much about this pool.  Everyone says it's great and heated.  I told the kids about it and thought why not.  Payton has been wanting to go to the water slides ever since Faith went to Fun Mountain with her class.

Don't even get me started on fun mountain, as I am not paying $20.00 a person to get in then have to buy their food.

So KP pool has bathrooms and change rooms there.  There is a lot of space.  I was not aware that you could pull your chairs right up to the side of the pool.  If I knew that was an option I would have taken it.  It fits lots of people and it doesn't make you feel that you are sitting on someone elses lap. 
The pool is beach entry which means that it gradually gets deeper.   I wouldn't say the pool was "warm" but it certainly wasn't cold.  They have a black line the width of the pool.  If your kid doesn't prove they can swim then they have to stay on the shallow side of the pool.  The kids had to prove they could swim so they could take advantage of the whole pool.  You basically just swim 2 laps and you get a wrist band.  Nathan couldn't/wouldn't do the two laps without stopping mostly because some kid was bugging him.  So he had to wear a life jacket.  which is fine he could still do most things.  There are two water slides there.  The kids spent most of their time on there. 


Nathan would go super slow on there and I would have to remind him to get out of the way and move faster or he would be plowed by the other kids coming down the slides. 

They have an amazing splash pad.  It is so big and has a ton of things to do.  They also have a little pool in the splash area. 

All the kids are old enough now that I don't "have" to be within arms reach.  They can go and explore without me saying "hey stop and wait for me."  I did stay near Nathan just because you can never be too careful.  We had a bit of lunch there, we brought in our own food and ate it on the side of the pool, near the grass.

They had toys in the pool for you to use.  You can see the girls here in one of the toys.  They also had pool noodles and a ride on floating bike.  The only problem with them is that everyone wants one so it takes a long time to get one.  Then once you have it kids want it and trying to take it away from you.



We got there about 10:30 and there was no line up. Super quick to get in; cost me about $13.00 for 1 adult and 4 kids.  All in all the kids give it a thumbs up.  I almost had to walk out without Payton because she wouldn't get out of the pool. 

Our next adventure is going to be a Splash Island in Portage La Prairie.









No comments:

Post a Comment