August 7, 2014

Our Cabin

My husband Dustin and his father have been building our cabin by themselves; with the help of friends of course.  This has been going on for the past 4 years.  It's been along time.  Growing up we didn't have anything like this.  My dad was in the military so we didn't stay places long enough to have a cabin/cottage/camp site type of thing.  We lived in a bunch of different places so made it hard to have something like this.  We did have a camping trailer when we lived in New Brunswick but dad sold it when we got posted to Manitoba.


this is what our lot looked like when we first picked our spot.  Lots of open space.

Dustin built it on piles. This is because there is lot of rocks in the ground up here making it almost impossible to dip in the ground.





Doesn't it look wonderful?  Dustin did a wonderful job.  There is still some work on the inside.  The kids and I have spent a couple days there but not much.  There is no running water and no working toilet.  These are things Dustin is still working on.


This is the inside.  I had to do some cleaning up.  There is still a ton of stuff laying around.  Dustin gets so frustrated with me when I clean up.  He claims he can't find anything.

I can't wait to get to spend 90% of my summer up there.  It's going to be great.  Now I just need get some things to keep the kids busy outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment