Google+ Followers

March 6, 2016

I Did It! I ReUpholstered a chair

I'm super proud of my accomplishment.  This is the first time that I have every upholstered a chair.

I won this chair off Sunshine Auctions on Facebook.  It was only about $7.00  the fabric cost me about $20.00.  So that's a really good price overall.

 Here is what the chair looked like when I got it home.  It was so gross and smelly - facts that were not mentioned when it was auctioned.  The chair was also broken. No wonder the women's kid wanted to carry it out to the van for me.


 This is the original fabric of the chair.  It was actually really cute.  Aside from the fact that it was worn out in places.
This is what the chair looks like now.  So pretty.  I got the furniture paint from Home Depot.  It is glossy black and I just got a small container because I didn't have a lot to do.


 My kids helped me take all the fabric and stuffing off.  Took a bit of time but it needed to be done.


 You can see in the back ground that I put baking soda on the stuffing to help take out the cat smell. It was really bad.  You can also see where I have glued the chair back together.  The other people half-assed trying to fix it.  I used wood glue and let it dry.  I probably did it two or three times to fill all holes up once the glue settled.


 I also filled in all the nail/staple holes.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave the back exposed and just put filling in the whole.  But the back wasn't a "shiny" finish like the arms and legs where.  I then sanded it down so it was all smooth to the touch.


This is what it looked like mid fix.  This was my first time using a heavy duty stapler.  Some staples had to be pulled and redone.  But I goter done. 


Now to find a similar chair so I can have a matching set.