June 9, 2011

Schools?? Who Needs Them???

Seriously do we really need schools? It's just been a pain in my ass all this year. The twins are not the most cooperative children around. They feel if they want to do something they should be able to do it. I would much prefer them to be in separate classrooms. They rely to much on each other. It might not be obvious; but they are aware of what each other are doing at all times.

They are in french school not french immersion. The teacher feels that Payton does not understand what is going on. When the teacher gives directions, Payton will come up to her afterwards and ask for confirmation on the instructions. I don't see that as a bad thing. When I was a customer service representative, I always had to repeat what the person said so I know and they know that I heard them correctly. When you go to restaurant, they repeat what you say as well. I just don't understand why the teacher is saying that's a bad thing.

I don't really care if she doesn't stand up in front of the group and talk. She's self-conscious, a perfectionist, and doesn't like to be wrong. Yes I do think she needs to be pushed into doing things that make her uncomfortable, but can I *make* her do things? No not really. It's very frustrating when the teacher has it in her head that they are this way and won't or can't adjust her teaching style to suit all the kids in the class. Basically this year was a waste because the teacher couldn't teach them in the way they needed.

So if your child doesn't fit into the *box* is school really necessary for them, or is it just a type of torch-er? I really hope their teacher next year can teach them not judge them.

Life is way to stressful with kids in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment