June 1, 2011

Curly Hair Solutions

So as most of you can see from my profile picture I have curly hair. I have a love hate relationship with my curly hair.

As a child I hated it. There were no products (or I should say no affordable products), I always had the afro look. My hair was big and fizzy and just plain crazy. I would wear hats in the house just to get the puffiness down. I would wear it in a ponytail. I was always really good at *doing* my hair. I've had it everywhere from really short to shoulder length. My dad always told me I just didn't have the type of hair to be able to have it long. Hair dressers never knew what to do with it. They would layer it, thin it or just sit there confused. I would always have this bell look, if you have curly hair you know what I mean. And of course I would explain to them what I wanted and they just didn't get it. Some would straighten my hair and then cut it, some would put a comb through it; those were so painful. Good thing I had a hard scalp. It wasn't until high school when I even considered letting it go curly and wear it down. They started coming out with affordable products. Although some claimed to be able to do things and it just didn't work.
I finally got feedup with my hair and started doing research on the internet. I only wanted Canadian products because I did not want to spend a ton of money.
Then a couple of years ago so almost into my thirties I found this website. Curly Hair Solutions http://www.frizzoff.com/. Let me tell you this site was a life saver! Not only does it have products that work, they are not alcohol based so safe to use. Plus if you don't wash your hair ever day (which your not suppose too with curly hair) this product can be reactivated with water. So most days I can just spray (with a spray bottle) water on my hair, fluff it back up and off I go. How amazing is that???
Now of course I love my hair and wouldn't consider straightening it; which I was very temped to do. I love volume in my hair the more the merrier lol. I finally broke down and bought their bone comb which if you do research you will find that it is the best type of comb for curly hair. I just used it today for the first time... omg I should take a picture of my hair, it curled so nice and no frizzy. I love it.

This product also works on my daughters hair; which she's 6 and has told me many times "Mom you have ugly hair" She hates curls, and yes she will be the one to have curly hair like me. My oldest daughter of course can't be left out and I let her use the leave -in conditioner it actually makes her straight hair look and feel healthier.

I encourage you to check out the website and have a look around. I bought the big bottle 1 liter which is a bit expensive but I've had it for almost a year now.

I love my curly hair now, it just took 30 years to find the right product.

No comments:

Post a Comment