May 31, 2011

TLC'S Show Operation Homecoming

Seriously this new show made me teary eyed. How crazy is that??

If you don't know what I'm talking about TLC has a new show operation homecoming where Billy Ray Cyrus helps US soldiers surprise their loved ones after they come home from a military tour over in Iraq. If you haven't seen it you should the kids faces alone are priceless.

So I was watching it and I got alittle choked up. The moms and kids were so surprised. I can remember being that kid waiting for my dad. I can remember one where we were at a train station (mind you my dad never went to Iraq or Afghanistan) and my brother and I and a few other kids would put our ears on the train rails and listen for the train to come. I think I remember it because a film crew was there and my mom recorded it off the tv later. I think she still has it. It got choked up about that because I can remember being in that position.

So it airs Monday nights on TLC, if you haven't watched it you should, it will give you alittle insight to what the families of these military Canadian and US go through when their loved ones are away for 12 months or longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment