May 3, 2011

Dog Bites

On Easter Monday we went for a walk. My 4 kids and I live close to the park and we were on our way for a little treat (slurpee's at the local coop). We got to the top of our street and crossed the main street to the sidewalk. A neighbour a few doors down was walking towards us with her dog. It's a small shih'tzu and he's ALWAYS jumping up on people. He's on one of those retractable leashes so he can go as far as he wants and she doesn't do anything to stop him.

Anyways; he passed 3 of us before he passed Payton. I always get my kids to move over because I don't like it when people take up the whole sidewalk it's a real pet peeve of mine. So we were over on the right hand side of the sidewalk, she was on the left hand side. He bite Payton on her left leg. He had to turn back to bite Payton on the leg. She screamed in pain, I mean screamed. I turned around and bent down to Payton. The neighbour says oh he just jumps. I said a few naughty words but basically it was "well something happened" I pulled up her pant leg and you could see each individual tooth from canine to canine on the top and the 4 main teeth on the bottom. The neighbour said to me "He doesn't bite, he's 5 years old" What are you kidding me?? I don't care if he's 50, he obviously does. She didn't say she's sorry, she just walked away.
Long story short, I took Payton to the walk-in, got a hold of animal services. We fined the neighbour and animal services took the dog for 10 day quarantine. The neighbour told animal services that she's going to take US to court. Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? Can she fine us for something we didn't do???

Anyways so now I'm recording everything that happens and hopefully she is just blowing off steam.




No comments:

Post a Comment