May 6, 2011

For My Mom on Mother's Day

I'm writing this note to tell you how much I love you. I don't say it often enough and I'm sure you don't hear it enough. I love you for being my mom.
I love you for your laughter. You could always laugh freely and openly.
I love you for being tougher on me when I was growing up. Now that I have my own kids I see the benefit of it.
I love you for always being on my side, even though sometimes I was in the wrong.
I love you for the crazy things you did.
When you made Nic and I eat out on the balcaney and you pretended to be the waiter,
For making Sundays and not realizing that was the cup you kept our baby teeth in,
For spraying your face with whipped cream and pretending you were a mad dog,
only to realize after it was shaving cream.
I love you for the care you took with me when I was sick; be it from the flu or running nose.
I love you for always embarrassing me in public, no matter who was near.
I love you for who you are and I wouldn't be the person....wife....or mother am I without you.
I wish you lived closer so my kids could have a grandmother near them as fun as you.
Love you mom

No comments:

Post a Comment