March 10, 2009

Kindergarten

Wow I can't believe that my babies are starting kindergarten in the fall. Last week I signed them up. I found out that there are going to be two classes next year. Wow for an all french school in a small area of the city, that is alot of kids. The school is going to have to add on more additions.

So the question becomes to separate them or keep them together. Normally schools like to separate them. I get a twins magazine from the states. There are moms in there fighting legislation to make it parents choice. I never really gave it much thought, being as our kids go to a small school.

But I really pushed Dustin to agree to separation. I think it will be good for them. Right now they always do everything together. I think getting their own friends, peers and experiences is what's best for them. They will not always be separate at some point during middle school or high school they will share classes together. But I'm sure at that point they won't like each other lol.

I really hope the school follows my lead in this and if not; well; then I'll just push and bug them to get what I want... not like I've never done that before lol.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny - b/c I'm pushing for the opposite! Maybe once they are in Grade 1 or 2 they can separate them - once they are used to the school routine, but let them enjoy Kindergarten together - where they have the security of each other, as they brave this new world!

    Becki

    ReplyDelete