December 22, 2008

Little Munsch on the Prairie

I took my girls Faith and Payton to see this play last night. I didn't know what to expect. I've never been to the Prairie Threatre Exchange before. The threatre is small and cozy. The floor right in front of the seats is the stage. It was very cute play. This was a evening out just for the girls. Boy, did the girls really stick it to Clayton. "The play is just for girls" "We get to go and you don't"

Faith LOVED IT! Payton didn't know what to think at first. But she soon enjoyed herself.

The play was about some of Robert Munsch's books. Three animals had to find out what this thing was laying in their field. They used books to come up with an answer. PIGS, I'M SO EMBARRASSED, 50 BELOW and THE DARK. If you like Robert Munsch's books then you'll really like this play.

I was worried about being at Portage place at 7:00 pm. I knew the mall was closed, but there are still 2 other threaters in this mall. There were homeless people hanging out in the mall sitting on benches. Not that all homeless people are dangerous, but you never know. This was a special showing for the Manitoba Families of Multiples. So I knew a few families there.

The mall is three floors high. They have big openings in the floors so you can look down on the floor below you. I have a healthy respect for heights. Faith would run over to the openings and look down. OMG I almost had a heart attack. She was getting so angry with me. "MOM, I'm just looking!" The threatre had valadate parking so I only paid 2.50. Which is way better then paying 5.00 or more. I left the house super early at 5:30. We got there just after 6:00. We had to wait in line for about 15 minutes. We were home about 9:00

All in all it was a good night. The girls listened and I didn't have to yell at anyone. After the show, they had milk and cookies sitting out for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment