December 17, 2008

Nathan's trip to the floor.


So yesterday after setting up the blog. I figured enough fooling around time to get the christmas cards ready. Every year I write out who we send cards too. Last year I wrote it out all nice, had it divided into my family, Dustin's family, friends, work.

So I go searching for this note. I'm under the basement stairs. No lights, no room. I hear screaming upstairs. The kids have been fighting lately and just figured it was another regular sibling fight.

I come up stairs about 2 minutes later not having found this list of names, to Nathan standing at the gate with blood all over his face. "Daddy" he says. Cause of course he calls me daddy. I'm like "What the hell happened here." Payton says "Clayton did it" Clayton says "No I didn't, Payton did it. Well actually he did it all by himself."

YEAH RIGHT!

I get Nathan in the bathroom. He won't let me clean it, touch it, even look at it.
I phone Dustin, Health links, Dustin again, local walk-in; who by the way does stitches, but not on 2 year olds. Off to children's we go.

Where I spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening waiting. We waited so long we watched the majority of the new chipmunks movie, all of over the hedge, and just the starting of a new movie.

Poor Nathan had to be wrapped up and held down. They stitched one stitch. I was afraid he would pick off the glue. The one good thing about kids is they bounce back so easily. He was all laughs and pouts; for those of you who know him, you know his pouts; until someone touched him.

So Nathan had a nice *trip* yesterday and got 1 stitch as a souvenir.

2 comments:

  1. Its been a bit since I've had to do a trip to the emergency room. I think I've had everyone but Kaden there and Caleb multiple times. The wait has never been that long and after over the hedge I would have just left.

    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone but Payton has had stitches at some point. I hate waiting in the er, but I wasn't sure how deep the cut was.

    ReplyDelete