December 23, 2008

Snow Day



Today is the second day of holidays for the kids. With christmas right around the corner, there is no school for the next two weeks. What do you do with the kids??? Today we played outside in the snow. It takes a bit of time to get everyone ready, but it's worth it! I'm so glad it warmed up. I don't know what I'd do if I was stuck in this house another day. I left Sunday for a few hours, but other then that I haven't been out of the house since thursday. I enjoy taking the kids for a walk.

We started out going for a walk but quickly found out Nathan wanted nothing to do with that. I either had to carry him, or he threw snow at the other kids. So off to the field by the park we go. All the kids want to do is slide down the huge snow piles. All the snow piles of course are right next to the street. So I start piling snow in the field, but the snow is not sticky and won't stay together. But we had fun none the less. Nathan even got in on the action and played in the snow. I think if I see the smaller snowplows out I might ask them to make a pile in the field.

Every holiday lately I've been making sugar cookies. My friend gave me the recipe (which I am very grateful for) and the kids just love it. I make hearts at valentines, ghost and pumpkins at halloween, winter ones at Christmas. Every time I make enough for Dustin to take to work. He's work friends enjoy them and are always asking "when is Tenille making the cookies again?" So today Dustin is having his work brunch christmas party. His friend says " tell Tenille to make those cookies and if she doesn't then she's a pussy." That's right he said pussy. So I confront this friend a few days later. He backtracks says "Dustin said it, I just went along with it" Then he tells Dustin it's a term of endearment. "It's pronounced puss-sey, like the french say". Right I'll pronounce you puss-sey!! so last night when I was decorating the cookies I made him a special cookie. It's a round cookie. I wrote on it "U R A BOOB!" I was going to make a boob out of the cookie but it didn't look right. Apparently he laughed and eat the cookie. It's a good thing I like this friend.

Hopefully tomorrow will be warm as well and we can go for another *walk* around the neighbourhood.

1 comment: