December 31, 2008

stuck inside


What is up with it being so cold out??? It's only -21 but with the windchill it's -32. Way to cold to go outside with the kids. So we are stuck in the house. Dustin has been taking the van to work this week. What to do... with all these kids.

I've been wanting the old style roller skates for a while now. Of course they don't sell them in the stores anymore. They now call them quad skates. I guess roller skates is too close to in-line skates and people are getting confused??? I remember my first time skating with them. It was in Lahr germany. The apartment buildings where near a hotel and a strip mall. I think there was a bar, grocery store, and hair dresser in the strip mall. The strip mall was raised up on a hill, so you had to go up a few stairs. On the left was a big open space that was paved and the strip mall was paved all around it. There was a parking garage under the strip mall. We would spend hours going around and around that strip mall. The parking garage was another great place to play. You had to wait until a car went in to open the door, and then you'd have to sneak in without the person noticing you. If you ever got caught in there you'd be in so much trouble.

Anyways, So I went on line last night looking for them. OMG they are soooo expensive. Plus any nice ones where over $100.00. What's up with that? Most of the ladies ones look like figure skates. I don't want to buy used; for many reasons. I just want sneaker looking ones with basic color wheels. I don't bright blue, pink, or yellow wheels. Most of the ones that look decent are for kids. Oh well I guess I'm just going to have to look some more. Hopefully I can find a store that sells them, even if it's in Grand Forks.

HAPPY NEW YEARS' EVE EVERYONE!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried E-bay?
    Anyhow; mentioning Lahr made me reminice ha ha ha
    Have you ever googled your old place in Germany? I even have the outdoor waterslides "pinned".

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I've never googled it. I don't remember the address.
    I looked at e-bay but didn't like the style or price of most of them.

    ReplyDelete