January 5, 2009

Child rant

Well I think today is a good day for a rant..... We have a play area in our basement. As I'm sure most of you guys do too. Our basement is not finished, but Dustin has managed to put up dry wall on all the walls. He does have some new walls put in. But nothing is painted, no carpet, no bathroom. Most of the things I don't want up stairs is stored somewhere down there.

So there are certain areas of the basement the children are not allowed to play in. Mostly because Dustin has his tools out/ or it's full of junk the kids don't need to play with.

The Manitoba twins club has a sale twice a year, of which I am a part of. To have your things sold in the sale they must be sorted by size and tagged with a piece of paper with my information on it. So I have everything sorted and tagged and ready to go..... or so I thought. There is also a box of teddy bears my kids have no really interest in and toys they have out grown. I've told these children many times not to touch them. Alot of work goes into sorting by sizes, gender, different seasons and different pieces of clothing ie blankets

I go down there today and they have almost the all the boxes emptied, mixed in with the toys they are allowed to play with. Their sleeping bags were open and laying around. Mine and Dustin's winter boots out and scattered around. Clayton got ahold of a pen, which Faith had down there. He "wrote" all over the wall. You know; I don't ask them to clean up the basement alot. It's there area to play without me right there with them. But there are just certain things I do expect of them. One of them is to listen when I ask them not to touch.

The funny thing is they whole heartedly admitted it was them that did it. Normally they blame someone else. They are grounded for a week, no wii, no basement and no playing with each other. Faith will be included in this when she gets home from school. Maybe from now on they will listen when I ask them not to touch stuff I don't want them to touch???? wishful thinking maybe???

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just want to put a lock on the basement door somedays...with them on the otherside...
    I feel your pain! I think you should make them play outside for the rest of the week. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it wasn't so cold outside, that just might be an option.

    ReplyDelete