January 8, 2009

New Member of the Family

We are getting a new member of the family!! I'm super excited. He's small and brown and only about 4 days old. If you haven't guessed yet... it's a puppy. A chocolate lab to be percuss.

I'm looking forward to seeing him hopefully soon. Probably in a couple weeks after he gets his first shots. If you care to have a look you can find him here http://www.azurebluelabradors.com/availablepuppies.html. Go all the way to the bottom of the page. It's the mom nursing the puppies. It's not a very clear picture. But one of those puppies is ours. She had 4 males live. One black and three chocolate. (she has added individual pictures of the puppies. although we won't know until 7 weeks which one is ours)

It will be alot of work, but I'm looking forward too. I've wanted a puppy since I moved out of my parents house. Growing up we always had numerous dogs and cats. My mom loved animals and would just bring them home. My dad couldn't say no. He was in the military and most of the time wasn't home.

Dustin said he would walk the dog. Of that I'm not too sure on. But I do plan on walking the dog in the hopes that my butt will shrink down. I know the kids will love having him. Nathan now walks around barking like a dog and crawling on all fours. When we're at grandpa and baba's house they have a dog and Nathan wouldn't leave her alone. He wanted to look and touch. Good thing he doesn't know about all the cats in the barn.

It will be the middle of march before we bring him home. So don't tell the kids!!! we haven't said anything *just in case* Although we have talked about things in front of them... I'm pretty sure Faith knows what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment