January 20, 2009

Snow Fort

I think today was temper tantrum day today. At playgroup there were about 4 kids who had a temper tantrum and the class is only 2 hours long. I'm thinking it has something to do with all the cold weather we were having. All the kids are so excited to be able to leave their homes lol.

Well we never made it to the skate pond this weekend. With Faith being grounded, and Nathan sleeping it just didn't work out. The twins and I did manage to go on a nice walk though. It is very pleasant to walk with the kids. We did one trip around the block.

With the snow not being sticky at all we can't make snow people. So we made a snow fort instead. I saw some kids making one in their yard on our walk so that got me thinking. We pushed the snow out of the way and made a big circle. The snow became the walls of the fort. A couple of weeks ago the plows came through and left all the extra snow in our yard. So those blocks of snow became a ring around our fort. We placed them on top of our walls and in the door way. It is a very nice fort for 4 year olds. I don't think I'm going to make a roof just because I know they would knock it down and get stuck inside.

This week is a slow week for us. Mind you we rarely have a *busy* week. On wednesday the twins have gymkyds and in the afternoon we have a kindergarten here we come program. This will be our first week and I'm looking forward to seeing the kids interacting with the other kids.

The twins are having a fight rigth now over who gets to *read* the book first... gota go.

No comments:

Post a Comment